Wednesday, December 30, 2009

POOP


So the other day I made my way down to Reading Frenzy, a Portland indy zine and comic/warez store near Powell Books. I happened accross this rather silly titled book called "Poop" by one Sam Sharpe. What initially caught my eye was the either hand painted or messily stenciled title on the book in blue and yellow paint. It's a small touch but it made me want to hold the book and feel the texture of the paint. Once it was in my hands... the collection of well drawn, single panel comics made me want to keep it. While the name "Poop" may suggest a rather crass book it's really filled with rather witty puns and visual gags covering such subjects as mermaids, luncheons, the counts sex life, vaginas and grocery shopping with Jesus.

No comments:

AddThisShareButtons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...