Sunday, May 16, 2010

Minor Changes to the Blog

I've been pretty frustrated with the way images appeared in my blog, making most of my comics unreadable unless you clicked on it to open the full size image in a new window/tab. Finally, after a few complaints about my last post, I decided to take some time to fix it.

So I switched over to Edit Html and found 2 interesting things.

1) Blogger/Google set a scaled size for an uploaded image to display in your post

For my post blogger set the image size to 400px x 160px, really to small to read.


I simply adjusted that up to 600px x 250px But then I got a large fuzzy image.

That lead me to this second bit.

2) Blogger/Google creates a custom preview image at that scaled size. So you need to adjust your link to point to the original image and not the preview.

Great right? Wrong… Depending on your blogger template your post is probably now being cut off because it extends beyond the Post border. I found a quick easy tutorial at BlogBulk that shows how to edit your template to widen your blog. I've set mine now for a total size of 750px. This expands the post area to 600px and squeezes the side bar down to 120px.

Let me know what you think of the changes. I'm editing some of my more recent post so they fit this new standard better.

1 comment:

CuriousDoodles said...

Images look alot better with this new format! Thanks for the tips/learnings.

AddThisShareButtons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...