Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Portrait Challange

So when I was younger and teaching myself how to draw I used to do a self portrait as a litmus test. I'd do these portraits once or twice a year then compare them to the prior years drawing and see if I improved, stalled or degraded in skill level. I think the last one of these I did shortly after my first year at college. Foundation Year was full of more technical drawing but as I shifted into my major my drawings focused more on cartooning and I let my more traditional skill set rust a bit.

So this self portrait, admittedly not my best work, is my new starting point. Instead of a year, I want to start doing a weekly portrait ( not of me) and a bi-monthly one of myself. On top of that, I want to get back to life drawing. I started going just prior to leaving ZIBA but haven't kept it up since.

Anyone want to join in on the challenge?

2 comments:

jim said...

Im assuming un-stylized work? Im game. Is there a schedule? Will submissions be posted? Can they be of animals?

Unknown said...

I'm working on un-stylized, back to basics and people. Animals could be cool though. I'm thinking every wednesday they would be due and a post made on Thursday morning. You can either email me them or send me links I can can embed into the post.

AddThisShareButtons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...