Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Custom Type... aka Holiday Card project 2011


I've managed to mangle type in the past with my hand written txt, but for one of my offerings this winter I'm working on developing a crisp clean bit of txt of my own. I mentioned this on FB just before I released my halloween skulls, but that wasn't the custom type I've been toiling over. I'm by no means a skilled typographer, and I'm only building out the letter forms I need at this point, but so far I'm pretty happy with the results of my efforts so I thought I would share my current progress. My hope is, to have the typography for this project done in the next week or so, and then get my final design on press asap.


Some points I'm already working on, the ends of the S break the curve and I don't like the thinness of the E right now compared to the width of the A and S.

No comments:

AddThisShareButtons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...