Monday, November 24, 2008

Napkin Drawings @ Valentines - Unofficial Band Promo

So back towards the end of October I got to see my friend Cat play at Valentines in downtown portland. She's part of the group "Hide & Go Hustle" These drawings were mostly created during her set that night, the first is of her, and I admit it's pretty poor but I was trying to capture her head gear more then anything....
The band plays with a mix of live instruments, the Cello and Guitar namely, with some live drums and horns but utilizes a ton of loop and effects peddles. I was drinking as I drew these and lost some of them, I swear I had a napkin full of just peddles, but these are what remain from 4 vodak tonics plus Hide & Go Hustle. Personally my favorite is of Mike peddling the guitar...


You should note Cat is in another group, in addition to Hide & Go Hustle called Black Heart Moon. Their first show is coming up on Decemeber 12 @ The Way Post in portland. Cat is flexing her singing muscles on this one, and I have to say she really should have busted them out sooner.

No comments:

AddThisShareButtons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...