Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mountains Made of Fur

I recently began exchanging tweets with Jessica Gowling of Natures My Friend. She's a printmaker and artist from Canada who's work often centers around nature. Recently she finished making the "Mountains Made of Fur" zine pictured above and sent a tweet out asking if anyone wanted a copy. I, of course, tweeted quickly back that I would love one.

The envelope arrived in my P.O. Box held together with a furry triangle sticker. And after careful consideration I opened it down the right side and slide the contents out.

I can't show you everything that was inside the envelope but here's a few glimpses...

And some fun stickers, including my favorite "When Life Gives You TENDONITIS Make ZINES" .


The back side of the Zine folds out into a poster, and that's going up on my newly made inspiration walls ( more on that in a later post). The stickers should be finding their way around town soon. As a thank you for sharing her art with me, I'm sending a package back ( should be in the mail soon) with one of my comics and some other goodies... I haven't really done any mail art swaps before, but if anyone else is interested in a swap, let me know! If you want to get in on Jessica's mail art, be sure to find her on twitter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Donathon!!! So happy you enjoyed my zine, and am very flattered that it's going up on the inspiration wall! looking forward to that post when she comes up. Also excited that the mail art world has been opened up to you - I hope to make more envelopes show up instead of bills in our future trades :D thanks for writing this thoughtful post. forward to the comic.

AddThisShareButtons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...